Saturday, June 6, 2009

Wining And Dining

I've managed to hold my breath and keep my big mouth shut for over a week now and finally, for a myriad of reasons, I don't have to anymore. So, now I can cry out to the bloggerverse my feedback on a heated conversation which took place recently between VinTank and myself. That is not to say that I'm alone in this general topic by any means, however I was directly confronted by the Wine Consulting firm at one point (certainly not under the best circumstances as you can see) since commenting on an original post found on a great blog from an even greater lady (or should I say Frau) called Andy's Goode Life Blog. And that led to my response and Paul Mabray's (VinTank Partner) one up.

Moments ago I finally replied to Paul with a short praise at their change of heart. As far as I can see, I am one of the earlier folks having declared my disapproval of their earlier marketing methods and with that, certainly risked putting off a few potential supporters in the process. Be that as it may, I stand by my convictions and continue to do my best to impress the only folks that really matter in this whole affair, Murphy Goode Winery and you, that I am the most suited candidate to transport their brand to the most diverse audience the internet has to offer;
• those clueless to wine and wanting to be entertained while experiencing it.

• those people that frankly need to remember the name Murphy Goode more than anything else. Thus branding a variety of quality, relevant media as presented by Murphy Goode, regardless if Wine is the immediate focus.

• those many others who make their buying choices based on which display they find more convenient or attractive at the grocery store. I've witnessed it at Albertsons with my own eyes.

• essentially everybody which lies outside the present Wine-o-sphere which so many others claim to master.

In my humble opinion, there is no place for SNOBBERY in today's wine market. A stereotypical attitude which many people still associate with the what I consider one of the two Nectars Of The Gods. The other being of course, the "B" word. Particularly when we're talking about $10 to $20 bottles of wine as it often the case is.

If you've not yet experienced my original 60 second campaign clip for "A Really Goode Job, which I call Murphy Goode TV - MGtv, have a look and a vote here please.

Original MGtv 60 Sec

My follow up Murphy Goode TV clip can be seen here. Special thanks to Susanne Schröder playing Okrah Friendly.

MGtv 2nd Clip

And an in the field approach to MGtv, a wine tasting, is seen here.




MGtv 3, Wine Tasting

Enjoy my work and I'll make another offering before all this is through, rest assured. And once again, cheers to VinTank for what I consider doing the right thing and contributing positively to the entire spirit of this ground breaking wine online campaign we've all dug ourselves in to. Here are a few of my Murphy Goode TV virtual digs;

  1. Twitter

  2. Facebook

  3. Myspace

  4. BlackPlanet

  5. UTV

  6. YouTube

  7. Blogger

  8. Vimeo

  9. Flickr

  10. TwitPic

  11. WordPress


I'm committed to growing those networks and adding more provided I am indeed the candidate of choice by Murphy Goode Winery. I hope so!

Cheers,
Kamary Phillips, Freelance WCLC

No comments:

Post a Comment